Monday, December 14, 2015

Extra Credit: Spiral Staircases

http://petapixel.com/2014/12/19/disorienting-beauty-spiral-staircases-old-abandoned-buildings/


Why I Picked This Photo: I picked this spiral staircase picture for many reasons. One reason is because out of all the staircases I viewed this was the one that caught my eye due to the patterns on the steps. Another reason is because of the blue railing on the stairs. It grabs the viewer's attention because it stands out from the rest of the image. Overall, I chose this photo because it is pleasing to the eye and my favorite.

Rules of Photography: I definitely see the rule of viewpoint on this image because the photographer is looking down the spiral staircase. I also see patterns because of the steps and the repetitive pattern/symmetry on them. Finally, I see leading lines because the stairs naturally lead the viewer's eyes down the spiraling steps into infinity.

Who Took the Photo: The photographer of this photo is Christian Richter and he is a fine art architecture photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment