Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Self Portrait and Portraits Part 1

Best tips for portraits:
1. Alter your perspective and completely change the angle that you shoot at.
2. Making sure the setting is right for the portrait.
3. Get closer to your subject/fill the frame.

Environmental Portraits:



I liked these two environmental portraits because of the setting. In both photos, the subjects are pictured out in nature and I think this provided a sense of peace and calm to the photos. Each photo conveys a sense of the subject(s) character and personality. The photographer was able to capture the silliness of the two men in front of the mountains and the passion of photographer of the man with the camera.

Self-Portraits:



I chose these two self portraits because they are both interesting to view and eye-catching and I liked that about them. I absolutely love the one of the young man because it was very creative the way he used the different shades of blue in his settings to match his outfit to. The portrait of the girl is beautiful because you, as the viewer, get to see her personality through the photo. It was taken in a car mirror and this suggests that she is adventurous and likes to travel, and her face shows the emotion of wonder of her surroundings.

Casual Portraits:



I liked these two casual portraits because of the emotion shown in the photos. The photo of the mother shows how much joy she has in her son. Her smile says everything in the picture and this intrigues viewer. Due to the colors, I love the portrait of the man. His blue shirt matches his eyes and this is helpful for a photo because you can learn a lot about a person through their eyes. The color of his shirt also contrasts against the background making him pop out.

My Project:
For my portrait project, I am going to shoot either my sister or a friend of mine from church in an outdoor environment. I would like to go either downtown to Zilker Park or go to a greenbelt near my home to shoot my photos. To make my photos successful I am going to take both horizontal and vertical photos. Also, I will use rules of photography like simplicity, background, cropping, and rule of thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment